This year Neighbors United will look a little different. We want to provide the day of volunteering and community service while still recognizing the need for social distancing and safety for all involved. We are so excited that you want to join our amazing volunteer team to help bring as much good as we can to the folks in our community.
2021 Neighbors United event will take place Saturday, April 24, 2021!
Details for 2021:
- Groups to register their project on Chamber website www.GoddardChamber.net by Thursday, April 8 (to received a t-shirt).
- Groups can apply for a grant if they need project money. Grant requests must be submitted with registration by Thursday, April 8.
- The committee will approve grants Friday, April 9.
- Each group is responsible for finding their own project
- No large pre-event gathering.
- One person from each group pick up group packet/t-shirts from Chamber office between April 21 - 24 before event to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Projects do not have to be completed on April 24 to qualify as a NU project.
- Projects can be done at any time as long as they are registered by the April 8 deadline to receive a t-shirt.
- Photos will be taken of projects for social media and promotion of NU.
- If you/your business would like to be a sponsor of NU 2021, please contact the Chamber Office at 316-833-8385.
Luncheon tickets are $10.00 monthly for all members through silver and $8.00 for Gold and Platinum when registered and PAID in advance.
Reservations paid at the door, walk-ins and non-Chamber members (unless a guest of a Chamber member) are $12.00.
By registering for this event you agree to the following:
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread from person-to-person contact, by contact with contaminated objects, and through the air. People can be infected, show no symptoms and unknowingly spread the disease. There is no known treatment, cure or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious illness and death.
The Goddard Chamber of Commerce (“Chamber”) cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while utilizing the Chamber’s services or premises. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to utilize the Chamber’s services or premises, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting COVID-19, which you understand can cause serious illness and death.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself to utilize the Chamber’s services or premises. These services are of such value to me that I accept the risk of being exposed to, or contracting, COVID-19 to utilize the Chamber’s services and premises.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/LIABILITY: I hereby forever release and waive my right to bring suit against the Chamber and its owners, officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, volunteers, members or other representatives in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to utilizing the Chamber’s services and premises. I understand this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, for myself.
CHOICE OF LAW: I understand and agree that the law of the state of Kansas will apply to this contract.